The Student Council is an important student - led body of the school and serves to engage students in meaningful leadership roles. The student council is the voice of the student body. They help share opinions as well as generate ideas on various matters affecting their learning, well-being, and welfare. It provides students an avenue for identifying a variety of issues affecting them and suggesting innovative yet implementable solutions. The council also suggest improvements, ensures that students make responsible decisions, and learn about teamwork. The student council works closely with the school heads, staff, and with all branches of academic faculty for organising different events throughout the year by taking into consideration academic deadlines. They promote the mission and vision of the school and develop and broaden their understanding of democracy and leadership as they actively partake in various activities that foster the image of the school environment. Student council members take a pledge to fulfil their duties and responsibilities with utmost sincerity and dedication committing to devote their time and energy to help students, teachers and support staff to the best of their ability, and ensuring orderly, disciplined and enjoyable interactions in school. The Student Council consist of a Head boy, Head girl, Vice-Head boy, Vice-Head girl, House Presidents, Vice-Presidents and Class Representatives.
The purpose of student council is:
- to officially represent all the students in the school.
- to maintain strong communication between the students and the school administration.
- to mentor and support fellow students.
- to maintain discipline among students and enforce the code of conduct.
- to understand student needs and concerns and communicate them clearly to the concerned authorities.
- to identify problems, suggest solutions and improvements.
- plan and organise various events.
- to organise fundraisers for various causes and events.
- to promote harmonious relations throughout the school community.